Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Selina Says:

Last July when I was travelling through Hong Kong, I was on a mission: To find Mr. Ping Kee. Who is Mr. Ping Kee? Check out this video:





Some people plan their holidays around shopping seasons, others plan their holidays around sports; I plan my holidays around food.  
Watching Mr. Ping Kee put all his effort into his noodles reminds me of the days when my grandma made pulled-handmade noodles. When I was a kid, it was a real joy to watch grandma pull and fold a piece of dough repeatedly to produce fine noodle strands. Alice and I have talked about making our own fresh and delicious noodles on-site. With no experience in making noodles between either of us; I'll be in search of a week long noodle making apprenticeship of some sort when I head back to Malaysia next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment